Sunday 22 February 2009

Shot - Main Thing


A very significant record in my life and one which commands a special place in my 12" Box of Love, the place where all my treasured tunes live. Once I'd bought this Easy Street release "on import" in 1986, for a whole five pounds, there was no turning back; US vinyl was 3 or 4 times the price but it looked nicer and even seemed to smell better. I managed to convince myself that US releases sounded superior (thicker vinyl? deeper grooves? louder pressing?). The guys on the Turntable Forum over at www.vinylengine.com have debated this issue here

But in any case, now I didn't have to wait 6 months for Streetwave or some other British indie label to get round to releasing it, I'm a vinyl junkie - US vinyl for me please! I'm also a sucker for the cheesily romantic lyrics from Kim Marsh that peak with the demand:

"Bring the roses and the wine, together we'll have a really good time"

Dedicated to my Main Thing, Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment